Hi all, Our apartment association is considering going for partial solar solution to meet its needs and below is our requirement – Our monthly association EB usage is around 700 units. We are looking at installing a 2.5 KW solar system (with hybrid inverter) that will help us eliminate day time genset backup during summers. We would like this system to supply to 2 fans connected in each of 15 flats in our apartment to the common (association) EB grid. We would like to explore the feasibility of net-metering since beyond the backup, we have scope to route back to the grid and save on costs – esp. since we are falling in the highest slab of EB tariffs. Our association EB connection is a 3-phase system that supplies for a lift, motor and common lights. We are not looking for battery bank backup because of the above exclusive day time requirement. Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh Some questions we have are: 1. We are assuming that ‘Islanding Protection’ will ensure that in scenario of grid-failure or load shedding, our solar system would still be active within our apartment for the select points we have planned for. Is this a correct assumption or is it total shutdown/blackout if the grid fails? 2. Is the above setup feasibile with net-metering? Esp. since our solar generation is partial and is required to meet the daytime backup for select points (for which wiring is already in place – for genset backup). We only want to avoid daytime genset backup and save on the cost – esp. during summer load shedding. 3. Is the 20% AP state subsidy announced only for net-meter or is it for the entire system? Is this subsidy available for off-grid solutions as well? 4. MNRE indicative costs are way less than what it practically works out!! MNRE guideline cost for a SPV system without battery is Rs.100 per watt. 2.5 KW (without battery) guideline cost = 100*2500 = 250000 After MNRE 30% subsidy = Rs.175000 If AP state subsidy of 20% is applicable = Rs. 140000 I have since enquired with three top companies and I am getting quotations raging from 3Lakhs to 3.5 Lakhs!!! And this is post subsidy, which is makes it almost twice the guideline cost!! Am I missing something or is there plenty of scope for negotiations :)? Thanks in advance for you expert opinions/suggestions. Thanks & Best Regards, Srinivasan M
- Team Saurya asked 8 years ago
- last active 2 years ago
Hello dear members
My name is jaymin i am a frsher electrical engineer works in new startup megajoules (solar based company). i am from gujarat in our state before start procedure of installing solar system we must take approval of electrical , earthing and single line diagram from chief electrical inspector(CEI). i know how to make electrical and single line diagram but do not know how to make earthing diagram.
SO IF ANYBODY KNOW THEN TELL ME HOW TO MALE EARTHING DIGRAM AND IF IT POSSIBLE THEN PLEASE SHARE THE IMAGE OF EARTHING DIAGRAM IN SOLAR SYSTEM.
thanks in advance
- jaymin bavishiya asked 5 years ago
I have Sukam Falcon Plus 12v Inverter and normal 150Ah SuKam Bazooka Tubular battery.
I wish to install 500Wh Solar panel.
In online, found solar panels with 100W, 250W, 360W and 12V, 24V, 48V.
My question is , can I connect any solar panel to my Inverter? Will sukam falcon plus has any restriction on that?
- Srinivasan Govindarajan asked 2 years ago
I want a solar system that can charge my battery a little(20% of the power) and supply the rest of the power to my house(80%) during the day. In the day if there is no power consumed , or less power consumed ,I wanted to send that difference power to the grid.
In the night ,I wanted to completely rely on my battery.
I wanted to know if there is any type of solar system that can suit my needs?
An important thing: If something goes wrong with the system or my solar system do not give enough output , can I rely on the electricity department to supply me normal electricity?
I apologise for the lengthy summary , I’m not very experienced with this.
Thanks a lot, in advance!
- Solar addict asked 2 years ago
Now using 285 Qcell , what is capacity
- Guest asked 2 years ago
I would like to understand how net energy meter would supply generated units back to the grid when there is grid shutdown or transformer supply goes off? Please elaborate on how solar generated units would be utilised?
- Nachiket Shrikhande asked 4 years ago
I am looking for a software, which can do Solar Electrical installation Calculation as well as mechanical design part of Solar installation calculation.
Please update me in case you find any details
- Ravikant Soni asked 6 years ago