Understanding of Solar Radiation Analysis in India
Solar Radiation Analysis is a key factor in predicting bankability of solar projects
Regional and local solar radiation affects a solar project
Long term prediction of solar radiation, tools, equipment
Software needed for solar resource prediction
Dr. Marcel Suri
Managing Director, GeoModel Solar
Dr. Marcel Suri is one of the leading experts in geographical mapping of solar resource and performance modelling of PV technology.
As a consultant, developer and entrepreneur, he is active in developing quality and uncertainty indicators for solar resource and PV electricity, in enforcing transparent transactions in the solar market by introducing new data standards and innovative approaches in operational data services. One of his key initiatives is development of an online map-based software services, supporting solar industry in design optimization, monitoring and forecasting of solar power, worldwide.
Tentative topics to be covered
Theoretical and best practices:-
- resource potential in India
- factors of uncertainty and inter annual variability
- comparison of ground measurement sensors and satellite-based data
- main issues in measuring and processing the solar data
- existing data products, related issues, and current developments
- what is available for India today and tomorrow
- how solar resource affects PV, CPV and CSP projects
- best practices of solar resource data for site prospection, planning and design, including financing
- best practices in the use of solar resource data for power plant operation and monitoring
- forecasting and grid management
Hands on Workshop
- Best practices of solar resources and PV power simulation
- simulation of PV power system (key elements of simulations in planning and monitoring)
- bankable reports
- performance of different PV module technologies in India
- monitoring- Best practices of solar resources in CSP
- bankable data and report
12th August 2011 (Friday) at Solar Energy Center, Gurgaon
1:15 PM : Tour of Solar Energy Center showcasing various technologies
2:30 PM : Session Starts
4:30 PM: Session Ends. Tea/Snacks after the workshop.
Workshop will be conducted in Solar Energy Center, Gurgaon
Address: Solar Energy Centre, 19th Milestone, Institutional Area, Gurgaon- Faridabad Road, Gwalpahari, Gurgaon
Since the number of seats are limited, we will follow first come first serve policy.
To register simply fill this online form found below
There are NO entry charges for this workshop.Since the number of seats are limited, we will follow first come first serve policy.